The monastery had Greek Catholic School. The building also had defensive value. Walls - thickness of 1 meter. In 1832 the building was destroyed and passed into the possession of local authorities, judges were working there. Under the building there is a huge basement and a network of underground tunnels, which were laid in XVII - XVIII century. According to the legend, in these cellars Haidamaks hid their treasures. In 1858 there were created artillery barracks, and only in 1998 military men left the building. Now there is a new tourist route "By mysterious dungeon of the Basilian monastery" (at the entrance visitors are greeted by a monk, who has a tour of the dungeon telling the life stories of monks who served at the Basilian monastery).
Cherkasy region, Uman city, 31 Nebesnoi Sotni Street
48.748477 | 30.225595