The building was built in modern style with elements of Empire. Here the residents first learned what the movie is. In late summer 1908 Byelahov merchant bought in Paris film projectors and using hi relatives silent movie was shown. So in Cherkasythe first theater for 120 seats appeared. In the corner stood a wardrobe, There his daughter sold tickets, son Michael in a film box "twisted movie", and the second son, Gregory, was a pianist - played the piano. Byelahov himself was the usher. Incidentally, in this same building entrepreneur Shkolnikov produced sitro and carbonated water. It also housed the shop, where the drinks were sold, so in summer in this part of Cherkasy there were no free seats, because everyone wanted not only to see art and see a movie, but drink. Shkolnikov sold from small carts. By the way, ice-cream was also: another attribute of the summer holidays. It had about 30 varieties. "Distributors" were the goods in barrels on his head, saying: "Sugar-frozen, laid Ball, Kopeika - price, taste it." Buyer ate the portion on the spot and turning glass which was cleaned by a cloth.
The house was built by a local merchant Belahov in late XIX century. It was one of the most beautiful buildings, built in 1880's. The house was built in the style of late modernism with elements of Empire, fully corresponds to the taste of middle class bourgeoisie of Cherkassy at that time. On the ground floor there were manufactory stores leased to other merchants. And on the first floor lived Belahov's family.
After the October Revolution there was a Youth Club, various governmental organizations. Before World War II on the ground floor there were stores, the second - the department of commerce, then - Regional office of cinema rent.
Now here there is the regional organization of the National Association of Writers of Ukraine.
Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city,219 Khreshchatyk Street
49.446096 | 32.061543