This house local Grabar contractor Lisak built for himself in 1870's. A few decades later Grabar leased it to Austrian citizen Shvayhutu, who came to Cherkasy for a permanent residence. With some interruptions in the 1890's the building hosted elementary school gymnasium, later - urban public meetings. There was a library, city events held in the hall, the band playing. Since the beginning of the XX century the house hosted male high school, workshops of the first labor school, bank, municipal agencies. In the 1960s in the building was equipped with the first city's planetarium that works even today. One-story building features a beautiful wooden gable roofed and inlaid carved doors.
Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city, 14 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street
49.447192 | 32.061673