You must enable Javascript on your browser for the site to work optimally and display sections completely.
Login My trip
UaRuEn
Other architectural attractions

House of a forest ranger (now - Cherkassy Regional Academic Puppet Theater)

Monument of architecture of the nineteenth century. Belonging to the so-called "exemplary houses", whose author was the architect Alois Rusca.
Like
Google Maps
Add to trip

House of a forest ranger (now - Cherkassy Regional Academic Puppet Theater)

Monument of architecture of the nineteenth century. Belonging to the so-called "exemplary houses", whose author was the architect Alois Rusca.

In the early nineteenth century, he released the album "model facades" which were copied in many cities. Thus, in 1870 in Cherkassy a Forester house was built (i.e. the forester of Zhukovsky, who took care of forest from Kamianka to Horodyshche, and from Shpola to Cherkasy). The building was erected by masters old ritualists probably under the direction of Cherkasy district architect Kostrytsia (Rusca died in 1822).

The house is perfectly preserved to this day. However, the ground floor has been covered by the ground (if it was a two-story, now called the ground floor is not immediately evident, it is almost half rooted in the ground).

Since the 1970s, a puppet theater is located here. Everyone can still come and hold the door handle, made at the Tula Samovar Factory of copper alloys. They have a visible emblem and monogram by "N. and G. Babashov.1850."

Puppet theater in Cherkasy was established in November 1965 by the Executive Committee "On creation of Cherkassy puppet theater on full self-support located in the city palace of pioneers." Within 5 years the theater has grown to a significant professional level, creating an efficient company, building a repertoire of 7 performances, developing the practice of touring Cherkassy, Poltava and Sumy regions.

Currently, the facade of the building is decorated with interesting bronze statues of fantastic characters.

September 27, 1970 the theater was granted regional status.

From the 1970s, the theater contained in the present building.

In October 2006, the theater received a status of academic by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Ukraine.

More
Less
Rates Reviews 0

Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk and Nebesnoi Sotni

49.441295 | 32.069066

Review 0

No review

Attractions

Other architectural attractions

House of Scherbyna (now - Wedding Palace)

Cherkasy city,3 Nebesnoi Sotni Street

Museums

Cherkasy city, 259 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Public bank building (now - Museum room of V. Symonenko, Pharmacy-museum)

Cherkasy city, 251 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Women's gymnasium (now - Center for children and youth creativity)

Cherkasy city, 33 Smilianska Street

Other architectural attractions

Blue palace (hotel of entrepreneur Skoryna ,,Slovianskiy" before)

Cherkasy city,229/20 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

House Tyverovskyh brothers (previously - City Commercial Bank)

Cherkasy city,225 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Bogdan Khmelnitsky Square (formerly - Castle Hill)

Cherkasy city, square surrounded by the streets Baidy Vyshnevetskogo, Rozkopnoi and Zamkovyi Uzviz

Natural objects and reserves

Regional Council Square

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Baidy Vyshnevetskoho and Lazareva

Other architectural attractions

First ministerial male gymnasium (now - the Music school named after S.S. Gulak-Artemovskiy)

Cherkasy city, 6 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Other architectural attractions

Lysak House (now - the city planetarium)

Cherkasy city, 14 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Other architectural attractions

Mansion entrepreneur Maiboroda

Cherkasy city, 287 Shevchenko Bulvar

Museums

Cherkasy regional museum of local lore

Cherkasy city, 1 Slavy Street

Objects of national liberation movement

Memorial complex "Hill of Glory"

Cherkasy city, Slavy Street

Objects of national liberation movement

Monument of Fighters for freedom of Ukraine

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Sviatotroitska, on the Sviato-Troitska alley, that goes from Shevchenka boulevard to Slavy Hill

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Holy Trinity Cathedral

Cherkasy city, 10 Slavy Street

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

St. Michael's Cathedral

Cherkasy city, Nadpilna Street

Sign up for newsletters and deals from discover.net.ua and our partners

By clicking submit you agree to the Terms and Conditions.