Before the revolution, the ground floor hosted a pharmacy, casino and a shop, and the second - the city commercial bank.
This three-story brick house, with a decorative front tag that goes down over the windows of the third floor and reminds Ukrainian rushnyk. During the First World War the ground floor hosted the casino, where Russian singer Feodor Chaliapin performed.
In the spring of 1915 when Chaliapin traveled from Kyiv to Katerynoslav, he stayed in Cherkassy. He lived in the hotel "Slovianskyi" and performed in the casino.
After World War II the building hosted city clinic. Now institutions and organizations are located here.
Next to the building is a monument to heroes of the book by Mikhail Bulgakov "The Master and Margarita" Fagot and the cat Behemoth. The author is a famous sculptor Wladyslaw Dymion. It is made of the old batteries and installed in the summer of 2015. It has been presented as a gift to the architects on their professional holiday.
Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city,225 Khreshchatyk Street
49.445352 | 32.062861