You must enable Javascript on your browser for the site to work optimally and display sections completely.
Login My trip
UaRuEn
Natural objects and reserves

Cherkasycity children's park (Yarova park before)

A cozy park is located in the central part of the city of Cherkassy.
Like
Google Maps
Add to trip

Cherkasycity children's park (Yarova park before)

A cozy park is located in the central part of the city of Cherkassy.

1902 local businessman Ivan Yaroviy founded on 1,5 hectares park and a theater. Creation of the first commercial park he gave to his sister Anna Yarova, he was in charge of the theatre himself.

"Socialite" Anna Yarovaya for a long time lived in St. Petersburg, but eventually returned to Cherkasy. The project is implemented at her own expense. Due to her in Cherkasy theater appeared.

They said that the theater building looked like a big barn. And it was not something monumental and epic, but still had scaffolding on which in summer of 1903 Maria Zankovetska acted. Also came troops of Panas Saksaganskiy and Mark Kropivnitskiy. Anna was a fair theatre fan and became friends with Zankovetskaya. So, when the actress came to Cherkasy on tour, so she often stayed in the house of Yarovaya.

Theater of Yaroviy became the cultural center of contemporary city, where well-known theater companies acted. In the central part of the park there was a pavilion.

As historians said, there were constantly playing orchestra of infantry regiments, had its own public library, and more - there was a bioskop who designed the on-screen images with pictures of animals.

There was payment for the entrance, high enough at the time, but this is offset the maintenance costs.

The small park compositions used abput 20 different species of trees, including fruit. Flower beds were mainly of annual flowers, which made it possible to constantly renovate color composition.

Park of Yarovaya is called probably the only place in those years where flirt was possible .as they said, centers of secular "hangouts"of local elite were villages and towns of Cherkasy region. So in order to flirt respectable gentlemen went in Moshny, Leskove, Shpola, or Talne, Prokhorivka. While in Cherkasy in the early XX century it could be done only in the park of Yarova. 1910 the park was rented to Zinin, Lir'ye and companions who rebuilt winter theater and staged it as a cinematograph and summer theater became a circus.

During Soviet times planning of the park has constantly changed, losing old functions inherent of theatrical circus park, and getting new ones - children and sport.

In 1980 there was the opening of the renewed Children's Park. The author is architect AE Nikolenko, author of many wooden sculptures amateur sculptor MI Shyrynkyn. The park is decorated with flowerbeds and rock gardens compositions which create a special atmosphere of comfort. There are children's atractions too. Opposite Children's Park there have survived several elderly homes that are better known as "complex of Shkolnikov." Here in the years 1916-1917 there were commercial and public meetings, held concerts, balls, amateur performances were shown. Here business meetings were held.

More
Less
Rates Reviews 0

Cherkasy region, Cherkasy city, 168 Khreshchatyk Street

49.448153 | 32.055852

Review 0

No review

Attractions

Objects of national liberation movement

Monument of Fighters for freedom of Ukraine

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Sviatotroitska, on the Sviato-Troitska alley, that goes from Shevchenka boulevard to Slavy Hill

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Holy Trinity Cathedral

Cherkasy city, 10 Slavy Street

Museums

Cherkasy regional museum of local lore

Cherkasy city, 1 Slavy Street

Other architectural attractions

Lysak House (now - the city planetarium)

Cherkasy city, 14 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Natural objects and reserves

Regional Council Square

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk Street, Baidy Vyshnevetskoho and Lazareva

Objects of national liberation movement

Memorial complex "Hill of Glory"

Cherkasy city, Slavy Street

Other architectural attractions

First ministerial male gymnasium (now - the Music school named after S.S. Gulak-Artemovskiy)

Cherkasy city, 6 Baidy Vyshnevetskoho Street

Other architectural attractions

House Tyverovskyh brothers (previously - City Commercial Bank)

Cherkasy city,225 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Blue palace (hotel of entrepreneur Skoryna ,,Slovianskiy" before)

Cherkasy city,229/20 Khreshchatyk Street

Natural objects and reserves

Bogdan Khmelnitsky Square (formerly - Castle Hill)

Cherkasy city, square surrounded by the streets Baidy Vyshnevetskogo, Rozkopnoi and Zamkovyi Uzviz

Natural objects and reserves

Park ,,Valley of roses"

Cherkasy city, Haharina Street

Churches, monasteries, sights of pilgrimage

Buddhist temple "White Lotus"

Cherkasy, 4 Ivana Franka uzviz

Other architectural attractions

Public bank building (now - Museum room of V. Symonenko, Pharmacy-museum)

Cherkasy city, 251 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

Women's gymnasium (now - Center for children and youth creativity)

Cherkasy city, 33 Smilianska Street

Museums

Cherkasy city, 259 Khreshchatyk Street

Other architectural attractions

House of a forest ranger (now - Cherkassy Regional Academic Puppet Theater)

Cherkasy city, at the cross road of Kreshchatyk and Nebesnoi Sotni

Sign up for newsletters and deals from discover.net.ua and our partners

By clicking submit you agree to the Terms and Conditions.